Saturday, November 17, 2012

Making a list and checking it twice

Working on my Thanksgiving grocery list tonight.  The Chief & I are doing a small Thanksgiving dinner Wednesday (I didn't know you could find a turkey that only weighed 11 1/2 lbs), then going to friends' on Thursday.  TW has decided he wants both regular & sweet potatoes for our dinner, both kinds of cranberry sauce, stuffing, a Moroccan carrot recipe I found online and which was an immediate favorite, and we'll have pumpkin pie for dessert.  I'll make a 2nd pumpkin pie and an apple to take to our friends', so I need to make sure we have plenty of apples, eggs, half-and-half (the family pumpkin pie recipe calls for a full pint of it!), stuffing mix, celery, onions, carrots... We just had dinner, but this talk of food is making me hungry; I can just about smell how wonderful our house is going to smell!

No comments: