Monday, October 04, 2010

What a great guy!

I'm wrapping up my last week in this office. Toted 3 boxes of stuff to the mailroom to be shipped to my next office (different building). have been purging files & such for the past couple of weeks. My beloved husband volunteered to drop me at the train at 6 o'clock this rainy Monday morning, then drove downtown in rush-hour traffic to pick me up, as I was bringing two big totes full of personal stuff off my desk. (There's a limit to how many boxes I could take to the mail room; I think it's an anti-packrat mechanism.)

Just to emphasize - he volunteered to pick me and my stuff up from work, driving downtown at the height of rush hour, so I wouldn't have to schlep my "luggage" on a crowded train. Not only that, but he volunteered to get up much earlier than necessary to take me to the train so I wouldn't have to retrieve my car from the lot after work.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - he's definitely a keeper!

No comments: