Thursday, October 14, 2010

Kindle!

The Chief surprised me with a Kindle DX for my birthday. Really surprised me; I know I told him a while ago, when he asked, that I wasn't particularly interested in one. However. Now that I've got the thing, I've already downloaded a few free books. I'll give it a try; he really wants me to love the thing, and he's been dying to give it to me ever since it came in a week or so ago. And the thought of being able to carry thousands of books in a single device is certainly appealing. (Can I organize by categories or genres or something? I'll have to find out.)

My big question is: do I keep the DX, which has about a 9"-diagonal screen, or go with the smaller (6" diagonal) 3G WiFi, which weighs a little less than half what the DX does? I think I'm probably willing to give up the larger "page" in favor of greater portability. I might be a bit more inclined to carry it around if it's smaller and lighter, and really, that's what it's all about. Why have it if I'm not comfortable using it?

No comments: