Saturday, April 07, 2007

May have to bury "Murder"

We got yet another Birdie rehearsal sked on Wednesday. This one has me called for rehearsals almost daily - that's right, evenings and weekends - until we open, including all of tech week and opening night for Murder Takes the Stage. I had to e-mail the Murder director & producer to warn them that I might have to pull out, and I've just spent time assessing what costuming I have and what I still need. I was dismayed to find I'm not nearly as far along as I thought or as I'd like to be, 3 weeks before opening. However, I do have several pieces for people to try on; if those work, we'll be much closer to complete costumes.

I hate bailing on a commitment, especially given that they open soon, but I signed on for Birdie first. If I ever try to do concurrent shows again, somebody PLEASE stop me!

No comments: