Monday, April 02, 2007

Feeling ever so slightly crazed

Now that it's April, I'm realizing that Murder opens 3 weeks from Friday and I've only clothed half the cast. One of the women just e-mailed me that a skirt we were planning to use for her character doesn't fit after all, and would a linen one be ok? Sure - do you have one that fits and is a late-50s cut & length? Please say you do!

And our poor Birdie director just issued yet another rehearsal schedule update - this must be at least the 6th or 7th version. The church where we rehearse and will perform keeps changing the schedule on us, which means having to redo the sked again. It's a wonder poor Frank isn't completely bald from pulling his hair out in frustration. So now I have to figure out if I can still go grocery shopping & thrift shopping when I'd planned to or will need to change because of the rehearsal changes.

Saturday, which I'd earmarked for baking (and taking a friend to Easter Vigil services), is now on the schedule as a choreography rehearsal day, numbers TBD. If I'm lucky, they won't work the one dance number I'm in (except I don't really dance; I'm one of the 6 standing on blocks ), so I won't have to reschedule my plans. If I do have rehearsal, though, my baking decision is made for me - rum cream pie is faster & easier than either apple or carrot cake, and much less messy.

Work's been nuts - what with spring break, broken pipes, ailing parents or kids, and vacations (the nerve of some people!) all happening much too close together, those of us left to hold the fort are perfecting our one-armed paperhanger imitations. I racked up an extra 6 hours last pay period without even trying, and I'm already well on my way to doing the same again this time. A collateral duty I picked up when someone else left is trying hard to become a full-time job all by itself; if it doesn't slack off soon, I'm gonna hafta ask for some help because I'm spending barely 10% of time on what's supposed to be 80% of my job. And won't that wreak havoc w/ my year-end performance review! =:o

TW called this morning and asked if I'd send him some cold meds. Poor baby, he sounded horribly congested. So after not getting out of work until it was much too late to get anything in the mail today, I stopped and got him his cold remedies. Had to ask the pharmacist for one of 'em (pseudephedrine in it). Poor guy looked pretty harassed about the process and was apologetic when, after I gave him my military dependent's ID, he had to ask for my driver's license because that's what the new regs require. Now to box it up so I can mail it off tomorrow. That'll be my excuse - "I have to leave on time today - gotta get to the post office before it closes." Never mind that it'll be a week before he gets it, by which time the cold will be in decline.

Waiting for the MVA to send the registration stickers for my car. I shoulda had 'em by now, especially since the old ones expired Saturday. Until then, my car sits in the driveway while I take TW's to work. (And one of these days I gotta get those bags of dirt outta the trunk. The way gas prices are going up again, I can't afford to schlep that stuff around for no reason.)

And I still have to do the taxes! Rehearsing one show & costuming a second is devouring my nights & weekends, so I guess I'll have to take a day off work to get the tax job done. At least with all the comp hours I've worked, I won't have to take "regular" leave. :p

But when, oh when will I get a chance to play in the garden? I haven't even shopped for impatiens yet, let alone bought any, and I have all that vinca to be planted (if it hasn't died by now), and dirt to spread, and...

No comments: