Wednesday, June 08, 2016

Grade update, in case you were wondering

I did indeed get straight As for a second semester!  Woohoo!  I checked the transcript for my first BA; the only semester I got straight As was my final one, when I was only taking 11 credit hours.  Learning how to plan things out so I didn't find myself doing everything at the last minute has been a very handy life lesson (even if I still had problems with things taking longer than I'd anticipated).  ;)

This fall will probably be another 14-hour semester:  Voice for the Actor I, History of Theater I, Intro to Stage Management, and Rendering for the Theater I (I'm waitlisted, but will show up the first day of class and hope for the best; it worked this spring) are all 3-credit classes.  My one-credit practicum in the Scene shop (only the 2nd half of the semester, sadly) and Chorale will bring me up to 14.  

I have to audition for Chorale and that won't happen until the beginning of the semester, but I'm optimistic I'll be able to get in.  However, if they don't want to let the upper voices grossly outnumber the men, as happened this spring, I could have a problem.  Unless they ask me to sing tenor; I did have lotsa low Fs in the Monteverdi we sang in the Spring concert.  TBD...

No comments: