Friday, May 01, 2015

"So long, it's been good to know ya"

That's it - I'm now retired!  ID handed in, IT with instructions to turn off my accounts tonight, and done!  I was all smiles right up to the second I dropped my badge in the box on the way out and blew the building a goodbye kiss; suddenly I got all teary - quite surprised me!  I suppose it shouldn't have, given that I've worked there since graduating from college, and I do tend to get sentimental.  I just wonder how long it'll take for it to sink in that I'm not just on vacation, that I'm actually retired and not going back.

My immediate plans are pretty basic - I really need to dig into the library/sewing room/music room/junk room and try to make some order out of chaos.  I'll start that next week.  I've reached out to a couple of organizations to volunteer, and of course I plan to start back to school in late August.  I'll probably start with a light schedule, just 12 hours, while I learn a new way to study.  Oh, and I've got an audition Monday night - wish me luck! :)

No comments: