Saturday, March 03, 2012

Waiting for the "rushes"

I had a photo session this afternoon for some new headshots. I wasn't all that crazy about the ones I'm almost out of, and my face is a lot thinner and my hair a lot shorter than in the old ones, so I had lots of good reasons I needed new ones.

The photographer is a lyric coloratura and has also done a lot of musicals, so we had fun chatting about shows we've known and loved while she put me up against walls (and bushes, fences and other props) and shot me. :)

We shot outside because she prefers natural light. I was glad I was able to get a session now, before tree season kicks into gear and my eyes get all itchy, red and swollen. While we had a sunny afternoon for it, it was also rather windy; she retook a lot of shots because an ill-timed breeze blew my hair into my face. Several times she had me toss my head to try to trick my hair into staying out of my face; sometimes that trick even worked. :) She also commented that I have the coloring she always wanted (she's a redhead). Funny how we always want what we don't have; I've sometimes wished I were a redhead.

She told me she'd start editing sometime tonight, with a few of her preliminary pics to be posted on her Facebook site. This will be the first time I've had headshots in color, though I'll probably get some in black-and-white too. I'm looking forward to the results.

No comments: