- made a big pot (10 c.) of butternut squash soup, packed it up for the freezer;
- cut & peeled 7 or 8 apples for some home-made applesauce;
- cut up a bunch of celery and bagged it for the freezer for future use in soups;
- baked a batch of oatmeal "granola" bars, this time with raisins (the Chief's preference) instead of the chocolate chips the recipe calls for; and
- baked a batch of chocolate-pumpkin bars. The combination sounds weird, I know, but the pumpkin makes them so moist and chewy!
Tuesday, October 18, 2011
Susie Homemaker strikes again
Really went to town in the kitchen this weekend: