- They yell "trick or treat!" at the closed door, then knock (probably when mom or dad tells them to).
- They get scared and cling to Mom or Dad when you try to give them candy.
- They try to walk into the house.
- They hold up their bucket or bag with one hand and hold out their other hand for more.
- They wish you "Happy Thanksgiving!" (I teased that one, maybe middle-school age, about planning ahead.)
Monday, October 31, 2011
Still not clear on the concept
I was getting worried there - we had NO trick-or-treaters for the longest time! We finally got our first bunch around 8:15! On the whole, they've been minding their manners and most had costumes. A few are obviously new at this, though. How can we tell?