What a day! It started out w/ an 8 a.m. appointment with the Chief's urologist to discuss his diagnosis. They caught it early, thank God! Doc gave us a sheaf of paperwork with the clinical details and a lengthy list of links and citations for research and support groups. Lots of "homework" to do before we meet with the surgeon in a couple of weeks. I treated the Chief to coffee and scones afterward, then he dropped me off for class.
Got to my grad-student voice lesson to find she was fighting off a nasty migraine. She soldiered through it; we just made do with natural light, and she leaned on the piano a lot. Fortunately for her, the meds were kicking in by the time we finished.
We've got roofers overhead and in the yard, making noise and a big mess. I'd forgotten (or blocked out) what a nuisance it is to get a new roof. Every so often they drop something heavy, making a huge THUMP. Makes it challenging to concentrate on homework.
And then there's the utility work. The power company has our street blocked off while they replace a few utility poles. There's nothing quite like pulling onto your one-way street (they moved a couple of cones to let us in) to see two enormous utility trucks on either side of the road, both facing the wrong way. The power went out for about 10 minutes while they transferred the connection from the old pole to the new one. Fortunately, the only clocks that need to be reset are those on the oven and microwave.
On the plus side, I got mostly positive feedback on my first lighting plot, my voice lesson went pretty well despite my teacher's migraine, and I was able to find a practice room beforehand so I could warm up before my lesson, which always makes for a better lesson.