- "Are you Anne of Green Gables?" (My hair is neither red nor long.)
- "I'm getting a Little House on the Prairie" vibe". (Dress isn't ankle length.)
- Coworker 1: "You look like Alice in Wonderland." Coworker 2: "No, that's a blue dress." Me: "Only in the Disney version." And coworker 1: "No, it was black-and-white." (Obviously someone familiar with the wonderful Tenniel illustrations.)
- "You look absolutely precious!"
- "You look like Little Bo Peep."
Thursday, October 31, 2013
Comments heard upon wearing a dirndl to work on Halloween
I used Halloween as an excuse to wear my dirndl to work today, complete with "ethnographically correct" shoes & socks (which you can't see in the photo). It was interesting to hear some of the comments: