Monday, April 02, 2012

Catching up

So, I thought I was going to have 3 auditions in a week a coupla weeks ago. I ended up with just one. I auditioned for Guys & Dolls and got a call the next day: "We don't need to call you back - we want you to play Gen. Cartwright and one of the Hot Box dancers." Which means I get to save sinners and to be one! :D

Had my first 2 choreo rehearsals this weekend. Our choreographer was throwing it at us fast & furious, and the dance break at the end of "Take Back Your Mink" is blink-and-you-miss-it FAST! Yesterday was slightly less crazed, but I still felt like an achey, footsore mass of jelly by the time I got home. I was tired and happy; I'd forgotten just how much fun this stuff is!

I also remembered that character shoes have a VERY low tolerance when it comes to keeping your nails trimmed; no more "oh, it'll wait until tomorrow" until after the show closes.

No comments: