Tuesday, February 21, 2012

That wasn't so bad

This afternoon I had my first voice lesson since my teacher's recital the first weekend in June! (She takes the summer off, then schedules conflicted, then I was traveling A LOT for work.) While I was vocally flabby and had backslid a bit, it wasn't as bad as I'd feared. My breath support got lazy during the hiatus and a few other betes noires had crept back into my technique, but I could still produce a sound that wouldn't send my voice teacher's dog fleeing (in fact, the wee beastie slept thru my lesson) and my diction was still decent.

I'll get in one more lesson before my next audition - my first since last spring! Between now and then I've got a good bit of work to do to get my voice and my audition piece whipped into shape. I just hope the audition panel is as enthusiastic about casting me as Golde as my voice teacher is. ("You'd be a perfect Golde - you look like her, you sound like her!")

No comments: