Friday, August 21, 2026

"You're back *again*?!"

 This rash continues to spread and I continue to wake up scratching.  The Chief ferried me back to Kaiser (trip #4 in 6 days, for those of you is keeping score), where they gave me another 3 weeks' worth of prednisone and had me double up the Rx antihistamine I was given earlier this week.  They also recommended a stronger ointment to use on the rash except for my face.

The triage nurse recognized me; "Weren't you here earlier this week...?"  Yeah, I should just book myself a cot and a locker. 😵 

This is wearing me out.  I feel like this rash has me living at the urgent care unit, when I should be sitting around resting up.  (I actuallly did nod off while I was waiting for the doc.)  Having this persistent rash on top of the cancer is just adding insult to injury.  Or maybe injury to injury?  Anyway, this whole business of aging, with its concomitant system failures, is a system in drastic need of an overhaul!

No comments: