… I’d be in the top tier! I’ve been calling their advice line pretty much daily since my surgery, and this morning the Chief took me to Urgent Care to figure out what combination of ointments to apply. The verdict: Aquaphor 3x/day on the incision itself, kenalog twice a day on the itchy area around the incision, and if I need the Benadryl cream, apply it at least an hour after the kenalog. I can also take oral Benadryl as needed, although this morning’s dose really made me light-headed.
I just realized that I’ve probably been messing up my synthroid because I haven’t been waiting at least 4 hours to take my calcium gummies. This is taking me back to last year, when the Chief and I both had surgery in the same week. We were on different meds and our respective meds were on different schedules - what a complicated mess! It took a friend close to an hour to figure out the Chief’s schedule. This isn’t quite that complicated, but I can see I’m going to need to set reminders on my phone, at least until I get the hang of this new regimen.
One small (or not so small) mercy - I haven’t been having much pain at all. The itching is so bad it almost hurts, but no actual pain since my first day home.
No comments:
Post a Comment