Two years ago I tore a meniscus (that HURT!!!) and started months of PT. Whether because of the PT or the way my gait changed, the arthritis in my R hip got so bad that last year I ended up getting a new R hip, just 3 days after the Chief had surgery to remedy crippling sciatica.
In November I had an MRI of my arthritic neck. It found a daisy chain of bone spurs, and oh by the way, you've got some thyroid nodules. I had to have them biopsied (not fun!), twice.
The 2nd biopsy was in January. For some reason, the sample didn't get sent for genetic testing, as it should have been, until my endocrinologist followed up in May. Came back as papillary thyroid cancer. Met with the surgeon, whose colleagues think very highly of him, in early June. Finally had my thyroidectomy the other day; that gets its own post.
No comments:
Post a Comment