Monday, August 17, 2026

Making progress, and another Kaiser visit

Back to Urgent Care this afternoon but I was able to drive myself - no lightheadedness at all today.

The rash continues to spread, slowly but surely.  It looks angrier tonight than it did when I took these photos this morning.  I look forward to the day I don't have anything to log here.  When the triage nurse asked me.to rate my pain, I told her I don't have any, but the itching? That's easily a 7!

As luck would have it, my surgeon called while I was with the on-call doc.  They agreed this is an allergic reaction, and we're stepping up the meds - prednisone and a prescription antihistamine.  I also seem to have collected a case of impetigo, so I've got an antibiotic cream in reserve in case the other meds don't get rid of it. I sure hope all this works - it's gotten so bad that it hurt this morning when the shower water hit the rash. 😩




No comments: