Saturday, August 22, 2026

Maybe the meds are *finally* starting to kick in?

The itching woke me up again today.  However, after the first round of meds and creams, the itch started to back off.  My face didn't look quite as inflamed by dinnertime as it does in these pics, and the itch is down to a more manageable level.  Given that I started the prednisone taper this morning that starts at 60mg, not the 40mg I'd been taking, that's not terribly surprising.  (I haven't figured out yet how to get these photos on the same line. 😖  Last night I wouldn't have been surprised to wake up with my eyes swollen shut but things seem to be calming down.

The Chief has been taking very good care of me:  fixing me eggs for breakfast every morning, trying to keep up as I figure out how to adjust to life on synthroid, helping me with theater stuff (climbing ladders in a storage bay, carrying things for me while I'm under my lift restriction, etc.), going to the grocery store for things we never used to buy (cottage cheese and canned fruit), and generally trying to help me recover so I can return to life as usual. I'll probably still ask for a little help with meals, maybe twice a week, but having such a supportive husband is making this whole business a whole lot easier!

No comments: