Now that I have to take synthroid, I'm finding I need to make some adjustments. First of all, I have to take it first thing in the morning, at least half an hour before I eat anything. Not too hard, now that I'm retired; I can take my time getting around to breakfast.
But breakfast is gonna be an adjustment. Because I can't have anything with calcium or iron in it for at least 4 hours after I take the synthroid, that means my usual bowl of cereal and coffee with milk are a thing of the past. Scrambled eggs have worked nicely, but that's gonna get old in a hurry. I thought I'd have some peanut butter on toast this morning, but the bread wrapper says it's "an excellent source of calcium". So much for that idea. I've been snacking on cottage cheese with canned peaches but of course the cottage cheese is out as a breakfast option.
If you're living on synthroid, what do you do about breakfast?
No comments:
Post a Comment