Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Not such a bad weekend after all.

No, the roofer still hasn't called, and it absolutely POURED earlier tonight - flooding streets and flinging a few smallish hailstones, just for fun. The leak hasn't reappeared yet, but given the forecast - more rain the next coupla days - I figure it's only a matter of time.

The weekend wasn't a total waste despite not getting out to the cabin. I spent Friday night getting an alarm system installed (or reinstalled; another company took over from the one who did our original installation). Took 5 hours, mostly because the tech had so much trouble getting the wiring right. Ah, the joys of owning an older home.

Saturday, however, in addition to getting a few things done around the house, I actually got to have some fun - a friend and a cabaret performance downtown that I was actually able to attend because I wasn't at the cabin. Sunday evening I went to a G&S "cabaret" and ended up sitting w/ a friend and her friend. In fact, I was teasing her about packing the house because two of the next few couples into the house were friends of hers. The music was fun, so was the company.

No comments: