Because we’re still tweaking my synthroid, my day started with another visit to the lab for blood work. I’m sure my endocrinologist will let me know if we’ll make any changes this week or “let it ride”.
The Chief and I followed that up with a trip to the toy store, aka Sur La Table, to look for a coffee maker to replace the one that died. We’ve been making do with a little 4-cup pot, which has been sufficient (I haven’t been drinking coffee now that I have to wait 4 hours post-synthroid to have any calcium) but it doesn’t have an automatic shut-off. He ended up treating himself to one that has a built-in bean grinder. That’ll make the house smell wonderful every morning!
As luck would have it, there was a coffee shop across the street, where I had my first latte in ages, along with a very nice chocolate croissant (aka chocolatine, aka pain au chocolat). And yes, we each got an extra pastry for tomorrow. It was a beautiful day for it, too - cool enough that we actually needed jackets when we first left the house, and a near-cloudless sky.
I’m starting to regain some semblance of stamina at long last. Yesterday I managed 15 minutes on the treadmill (variable incline) and today I opted for the stairs going back to the car after our retail adventures and wasn’t the least bit winded, though my thighs did notice the incline when we got into the parking garage. Not that I haven’t been taking stairs, but this was the first time I didn’t notice them.
No comments:
Post a Comment